Tuesday 24 August 2010

my first homemade lip balm!

Lately I've been reading a lot about homemade beauty products and decided to start from the easiest recipe...lip balm!
I've been looking here and there for recipes and in the end adapted a bit what I found around, mostly trying not to buy a hundred ingredients but trying to make the most out of what I had already.
this is the recipe I used:

- 1 1/2 teaspoon of beeswax
- 2 teaspoons cocoa butter
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 1/2 spoons of honey
- a few drops of vanilla flavour (for cakes)

I already had cononut oil, honey and vanilla flavour at home so I only bought the wax and the cocoa butter on ebay. it was extremely cheap and they will last for so many lip balms... I think at least 50 if only use them for lip balms.
the recipe said I had to wait for one day before I could check if the balm was ready, but mine actually was ready after less than one hour....maybe I did something wrong? anyway, the balm is amazing, it has a lovely smell of honey (you don't really taste vanilla, it's just slightly sweet and lost a bit the wax aroma).
I think I am going to refill every old lip balm tube that I finished! the balm is really creamy so I think I will go through it like crazy, I love applying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment